Wednesday, July 06, 2005

Here we go again

Despite my better judgement, I've decided to run a second marathon. This time it will be in my home territory of Chicago. According to the website its 94 days, 11 hours, 48 minutes, and 36 seconds away. Training has been ongoing the last couple of weeks but, like the last marathon, I've decided to log my training runs. Along the way, I'll try to capture some of whats been going on in my head.

Today was a 3 mile run and the pace was 9:06. The goal for the first marathon was just to complete it but this time I'll be shooting for a 9:00 min/mile pace or ~4:00 total time. Erin is training with me and we'll be running this together. We'll be training together on our long Sunday runs.

My observation now, having done this before, is its hard to get motivated to do this again. Unlike the first time, now I know what lies ahead.....the summer runs where it feels like you've taken a shower, sweat burning your eyes, constant hunger, power gels, cliff bars, sore legs. Although I'm looking forward to the sleeping soundly for once...after the long runs, those were some of the deepest sleeps I've had in a long time.

Maybe this will help me get things back on track. I feel like I'm rudderless right now......

No comments: